Best Available Writers
№ 1 In global rating
278 finished papers
147 customer reviews
98% success rate
COMPETENCES: Nursing, Sociology, Creative Writing, Marketing
№ 2 In global rating
184 finished papers
120 customer reviews
97% success rate
COMPETENCES: Financial Analysis, Political Science, Marketing
You can learn much about the language and thought processes of young children by examining the literature written for them.
For this assignment, you are asked to visit the children’s section of your local library or bookstore. Ask the librarian or salesperson to guide you to 3 books that are “classic” or well-loved storybook for children from 3 to 5 years old. Examine the books carefully. If possible, read them aloud to a child or someone else. Then complete the following items.
- Within each book, look for at least two examples of story elements, which relate to patterns of the thought process and cognitive development within early childhood. Examples could include:
- Egocentrism (e.g., animals that dress and talk like a child; misunderstandings that arise from the main character’s self-centered viewpoint)
- Centration (e.g., stories about characters who have only one prominent feature; stories about a child’s focusing on one special goal, trait, or object)
- Effects that depend on literal or figurative language (e.g., jokes that come from a character’s taking things literally; misunderstandings that arise from the use of figurative language)
- Story elements that reassure the child about the strong ties of family and friendship
- Story elements that reflect the young child’s fear of separation
PowerPoint Presentation Instructions:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
2 Slides for EACH BOOK, (6 slides minimum), 1 slide for “Reference Page”
- Slide 1: Picture of the book, Give the title, name of the author and illustrator, and date of publication of the book. In the “Notes” section of the PowerPoint slide, provide a summary of the book, formally citing the book in your summary.
- Slide 2: Include pictures of the examples of story elements, which relate to patterns of the thought process and cognitive development within early childhood. In the “Notes” section of each slide, describe why each example points to patterns related to thought process and cognitive development, citing what the textbook (or other scholarly sources) has to say about this pattern in early childhood. This section should be written in essay style, using APA style to cite sources.
- Final Slide of the Presentation: Reference page, giving credit to each of your sources.