Academic Paper Writing Service
Our best writers will gladly help you with:
Trusted by thousands of studentsOrder Now
We are ready to assist you anytime.Talk to an expert
250 word minimal for each paper 1 through 4
Two scholarly sources for each paper 1 through 4
Review the three essays related to gender that you read in Chapter 11—”Hookups Starve the Soul” (p. 433), “The Opposite Sex” (p. 435), and “About Men” (p. 437). In this week’s discussion respond to each of the following questions, with a separate paragraph for each question.
1. Which of the three essays was the most effective and why? (Think about the author’s purpose, thesis, organization, evidence, word choice, etc.)
2. What are some gender stereotypes discussed in the essays?
3. What are some gender stereotypes that persist today?
Last week, you learned about various elements of fiction (e.g., plot, setting, symbolism, characterization). For this week’s discussion, share which of the stories that you’ve read so far (from week 1, 2, or 3) has been your favorite and explain why. (You should identify the title and author in your post. Titles of short stories go in quotation marks.) In your explanation, use the literary terminology (elements of fiction) you’ve been learning about. Additionally, for whatever story you select, identify at least one symbol in the story and explain how the author’s use of that symbol (or multiple symbols, if you choose) contributes to the story’s meaning and appeal. You may also discuss other elements of fiction, but be sure to include some discussion and analysis of symbolism.
This week you’ll be learning about various elements and forms of poetry and how these elements and forms convey layers of meaning in various poems. Additionally, you’ll learn about various ways to think and write about poems. In this week’s discussion respond to the following items, with a separate paragraph for each. (The main topic of the paragraph is in bold with questions to consider in your paragraph listed after.)
1. Discussion of paraphrase, summary, and explanation. What are they? What are the similarities and differences among them? How might these skills be used to prepare to write an essay? How might these skills be used in an essay itself? Comment on the need for citations in essays whether they summarize/paraphrase or quote.
2. Brief analysis of a poem. After reading “Harlem” by Langston Hughes on p. 170 and reviewing the examples of paraphrase, summary, and explication that follow, select any poem from the textbook to discuss. What is the poem’s theme? What elements of poetry (pp. 766-783) do you recognize? What figurative language does the writer use and how do they relate to the poem’s themes or broader ideas?
3. Response to the poem. Why did you select the poem you discussed in the above paragraph? How do you relate to its ideas?
In this week’s Complete assignment, you will be writing a comparison/contrast essay using any two works that you’ve reading during this course. Take a moment to review the directions for the Complete assignment. For this week’s discussion, you’ll begin planning what you might write about. In your discussion post, address each of the following items in a separate paragraph. Remember to incorporate external research in your post.
1. What is your favorite work (short story, essay, poem) that you’ve read during the course and why?
2. What is another work (or possibly works) you’ve read during this course that shares a similar idea or style with the work you discussed above? What connections or parallels do you see between the works? Are the works very similar or very different? In what ways?
3. Besides the pairing of texts you described in #2, what is another possible pairing of texts that you could write about? You could keep one of the works discussed in #2 and compare it to so
+1 (289) 803-6873
Writers24x7.com is powered by AwasamT
Get it solved from our top experts within 8 hrs!Ask Your Question Now!