Best Available Writers
№ 1 In global rating
278 finished papers
147 customer reviews
98% success rate
COMPETENCES: Nursing, Sociology, Creative Writing, Marketing
№ 2 In global rating
184 finished papers
120 customer reviews
97% success rate
COMPETENCES: Financial Analysis, Political Science, Marketing
What kinds of professionals provide help to people in psychological distress? Psychotherapy is what many people think of when they hear the word psychology. Psychologists represent only a segment of the people offering mental health services.
Relationship between psychology and society
Write 3–4 pages in which you identify a specific and current issue (possibly within the field of education, criminal justice, or government) through which to explore the relationship between psychology and society.
Psychotherapy is what many people think of when they hear the word psychology. Psychologists represent only a segment of the people offering mental health services. Other professions whose members do have training in psychotherapy include psychiatry, social work, and counseling (including pastoral counselors). The word psychotherapist is not a state-regulated word, so anyone may call himself or herself a psychotherapist, regardless of training.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
• Competency 1: Employ critical and creative thinking to evaluate problems, conflicts, and unresolved issues in the study of history and systems of psychology.
• Analyze how the practice of psychology has been harmful and helpful to society.
• Competency 2: Evaluate the major philosophical frameworks, schools of thought, historical figures, and events related to historical and contemporary psychology.
• Evaluate the progression of events that have shaped a particular area of psychology.
• Competency 3: Apply knowledge of theory and research in the study of history and systems to inform personal behavior and values, understand social policy, and develop professional goals and plans.
• Apply knowledge of psychological theory and research to social and political issues.
• Competency 6: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
• Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of professional communities.
• Apply proper APA formatting and style.
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community.
• What approaches can be used to evaluate treatment success? What are the advantages and limitations of these approaches?
• What kinds of professionals provide help to people in psychological distress? In what kinds of settings does treatment occur? What factors are important in determining how well patients do in therapy?
Consider your career path in psychology. Do you plan to work with clients in a therapeutic setting? If so, do you plan to work toward a PhD or PsyD, and what are the requirements in your state for each? Or, do you plan to apply psychological principles to organizations (I–O psychology), groups and cultures (social psychology), the law (forensic psychology), or to some other area?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The post What kinds of professionals provide help to people in psychological distress? Psychotherapy is what many people think of when they hear the word psychology. Psychologists represent only a segment of the people offering mental health services. appeared first on My Nursing Paper.