What are the historical legislation, policies, and practice that have worked together to impact on Indigenous Australian identity, culture and health?
Due date: 22nd March 2018
Length: 800 word (+/- 10%)
This assignment requires you to complete the first 2 modules of this subject, including watching Cassie’s story (Dyan Ngal), and critically reflect on your learning through the lens of social, cultural, ethical and/or nursing issues that have been covered thus far in this subject.
You are required to write a reflective piece of 800 words, drawing on your reflections throughout the course, and using the ‘The 4Rs Model of Reflective Thinking’:
Reporting: What are the historical legislation, policies, and practice that have worked together to impact on Indigenous Australian identity, culture and health? What are some of the modern implications of this, as shown in Cassie’s story
Relating: Make connections between these factors, the lived experience in Cassie’s story, and your professional and personal experiences, identifying issues that relate to the experience of Indigenous people and those who provide healthcare.
Reasoning: Explain the role of and importance of developing Indigenous Cultural Competency for healthcare.
Reconstructing: What does all this mean for your future practice? What practices might you adopt or change? What is the theory that supports that?
• Since this assessment requires self-reflection, writing in first person is acceptable.
• Response to questions must be in narrative form, not dot points.
• Use formal English language, avoiding jargon or colloquial language.
• Integrate supportive literature into the discussion to demonstrate critical reflection. A minimum of four references is required.
• Students are expected to use correct terminology as outlined in the NSW Health Communicating Positively guide which is located in the resources folder on the Interact2 site.
Further resources that will assist you in reflective writing are provided in the resources folder on the Interact2 site.
IMPORTANT NOTE: For further details about the specific requirements for this assessment please refer to the Subject Outline and the Assessment 1 marking rubric.
This Journal has no entries.
If u need more info please let me know
Assessment item 1
The post What are the historical legislation, policies, and practice that have worked together to impact on Indigenous Australian identity, culture and health? appeared first on My Nursing Paper.