Week _3 _ Discussion (Due Today) (Portion 1)
Write a 175- to 265-word response to the following:
- List and briefly discuss four management development methods.
- Discuss the pros and cons of at least eight performance appraisal methods.
Both bullet points must be addressed in the same post. Do not separate them and create two posts.
(Portion 2_Due Tomorrow)
Read and respond to at least two of your classmate’s discussion posts. Be constructive and professional with your thoughts, feedback or suggestions.
Note: For full participation, students are required to complete 3 substantive posts over 2 days, totaling 3 posts each week. This differs from the previous format of 8 substantive posts over 3 days.
Week _ 3_ Assignment (Due Sunday)
Prepare an 8- to 10-slide presentation of your team’s strategic approach to performance management that addresses the following:
· Explain the pros and cons of five performance appraisal methods.-
· Evaluate the differences between performance management and disciplinary issues. Provide one example of each and describe the possible outcomes. Why does it make a difference in managing performance?-
· Describe types of rater errors that can occur during performance review conversations.
· Present three examples of how an organization can prepare managers for the performance review. –
· Compare formal and informal appraisal processes. Explain why both components are important to the performance management process. –
· Create recommendations for organizations to implement a performance management approach to the appraisal process.
· Include speakers notes.