It is the study of thoughts, emotions, and actions of the person. This discusses the functioning of the brain and how the brain deals with emotions and logic. It also talks about how the person deals with changes in the surroundings and how he interacts with another living body or the environment. In other words, psychology is the study about how humans perceive, understand and think. Moreover, the curiosity of learning human behavior leads students towards learning psychology and know various types of psychology courses.
Psychology has various sub-fields to study like health, social behavior, human development, and cognitive processes. It incorporates the scientific study of behaviors, and functions of a living body. They also deal with the emotions of humans as well as animals. Psychologist, a person who is a professional researcher or practitioner is responsible for understanding and analyzing the psychological changes in a living person.
At a time, psychologists research about a single part. This is because studying a whole may be a difficult task. They are therapists or scientists who address issues related to crime, terrorism, public health, and interpersonal relationships. Furthermore, they also play a big role in wellness, health, and effectiveness of the concerned person.
Role of psychologist
- Work as consultants to individuals and organizations
- Conduct research about human behavior
- Treat and diagnose people
- Test personality of a person
- Prepare future psychologists
Some psychological facts about human behavior
- The type of music you listen, describe your personality.
- If you have plan B, there are high chances that your plan A may not work.
- You lose motivation when you disclose your goals.
- Choose the company of positive and happy people keeps you happy and healthy.
- Intelligent people underestimate themselves whereas fools think they are extraordinary.
- Listening to your favorite song may sound boring when you hear it several times.
- People are scared of being too happy. They are afraid that their happiness may not long live.
- When someone says they want to talk to you urgently, your mind recalls all the bad things you did in the past.
- Internet trolls are psychopathic in nature.
- Funny people are more distressed than others