1. PART 1: The medical application selection for this assignment will be “CDC Milestone Tracker”.
o Use the Google Play Store for Android devices or the Apple iTunes App Store for Apple devices to search for the medical application as determined by the table above.
o In order to complete the following guided appraisal, download the app to a mobile device (smartphone or tablet). The apps are free and do not require purchase to complete this assignment.
Get Help from Experts
If you’re still asking yourself, “Who can help me write my paper from scratch", don’t hesitate to use us. Experienced writers will immediately write, proofread, or improve your academic paper. They can also help you choose a topic and edit your references into APA or MLA format. So, what are you waiting for?Find your writer
2. PART 2: Answer the Medical App Critical Appraisal questions thoughtfully and comprehensively. Use the criteria headings on this outline as the headings on your properly APA- formatted paper.
o NAME: What is the name of the app?
o AUTHOR: Who created, developed, or maintains the app? Explain.
o ENDORSEMENT: Is the app licensed by the Food and Drug Administration, other government agency, or endorsed by an academic institution or medical professional organization? Explain.
o OPERATION: Which platform (mobile or web-based) is suitable for the app and why?
o AESTHETICS: Is the information displayed in a way that is easy to navigate? Is it easy to use? Can you use it without instructions? Explain.
o PURPOSE: What is the intended purpose or use of the app?
o CLINICAL DECISION MAKING: What influence does the app have on clinical decision making? Explain.
o SAFETY: Is there potential for patient harm? Explain.
o USER: For whom is the app intended (providers, patients, or others)? Explain.
o DISTRIBUTION: Is it designed for local use or wider distribution? Explain.
o CREDIBILITY: How credible are the sources of information? How do you know? Explain.
o RELEVANCE: How current is the information in the app? When was the last update? Is the content consistent with evidence-based literature or best practices/standards of care? Explain.
3. PART 3: Provide one example of an appropriate patient or clinical scenario for this app. The example should include the following details:
o Patient Age-population (Pediatric, Adult, Geriatric)
o Clinical Setting (Hospital, Private Practice, Extended Living Facility)
o History of Present Illness and Diagnosis or Condition
o Provide a detailed description of the app in your example. When will the app be implemented (at the Point-of-care or elsewhere)? Who will use the app? What potential impact will it have on the scenario? Incorporate the critical appraisal information from Part 2. Provide one evidence-based scholarly article as a reference to support clinical decision making.
4. This assignment will be graded on the quality of the information, inclusion of one evidence-based scholarly resource, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, and organization based on the required components (see the paper headings and content details in Part 1).
5. The length of the paper is to be between 1,200 and 1,500 words, excluding title page and reference list.
6. Create this assignment using Microsoft (MS) Word. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in “.docx.”
7. APA format (6th edition) is required in this assignment, explicitly for in-text citations and the reference list. Use 12-point Times New Roman font with 1-inch margins and double spacing. See the APA manual for details regarding proper citation. See resources under Course Resources, “Guidelines for Writing Professional Papers” for further clarification.