This is a two-part assignment:
Part One: In preparation for accreditation at its facilities, the administration would like the staff to understand the important benefits of accreditation and how undergoing the accreditation process can enhance quality.
Go to The Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) Web site (http://www.jointcommission.org), and answer the following questions. Be sure to set a positive tone that will appeal to and win over staff, emphasizing the benefits accreditation can provide your organization. Format your answers in a memo format and address it to me.
· What exactly are accreditation and certification?
· What is the difference between accreditation and certification?
· What are the benefits of accreditation?
· What are the benefits of Joint Commission certification?
· How can undergoing the accreditation process improve quality at a healthcare facility?
For instructions on how to write a memo, please visit this link.
Part Two: In a one page, double spaced APA format, define what long term care is and why it has continued to increase in terms of importance amongst the healthcare landscape. In your response be sure to use examples to augment your findings and include relevant citations.