No unread replies.11 reply.
ORDER NOW FOR CUSTOMIZED SOLUTION PAPERS
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 1, 5, 12 (section: “Introduction”; “The Classical Period”; and Appendix – “Writing about Moral Issues”)
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source
The study of ethics and philosophy is one that brings many different kinds of “thinkers” together. One person’s philosophy on ethics is another person’s philosophy on evil. We will be working this term on constructing personal ethical bases and understanding how ethical codes (both personal and professional) are created and followed.
To start us thinking about the different areas of philosophy and ethics, and how we fit into the different molds or world views, let’s discuss the differences and similarities between these views. To do this, let’s look at the role of right and wrong, laws which regulate behavior, principles vs. morality, and the role of ethics in our society.
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, address one of the following questions:
- Do we need ethics if we have laws? Why or why not?
- Examine the issues with changing our own views of ethics based on the situation we are in?
- Can we “legislate” ethics? If so, how do you see this happening? If not, what are the obstacles to legislating ethics?
- How does Aristotle’s “virtue ethics” mirror your ethical view, or how is it different? Make sure to explain your reasoning.
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least two peers or one peer and the instructor. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.
- Minimum of 3 posts (1 initial & 2 follow-up)
- Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside source)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
This activity will be graded using the Discussion Grading Rubric. Please review the following link:
- Link (webpage): Discussion Guidelines