Best Available Writers
№ 1 In global rating
278 finished papers
147 customer reviews
98% success rate
COMPETENCES: Nursing, Sociology, Creative Writing, Marketing
№ 2 In global rating
184 finished papers
120 customer reviews
97% success rate
COMPETENCES: Financial Analysis, Political Science, Marketing
Strategic Organizational Goal
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 12 through 14 from the Wager, Lee, & Glaser (2017) text, read the articles by Kahn (2015) and by Laihonen (2015), and watch the video Dave deBronkart: Meet E-Patient Dave (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (2011).
You will select a Strategic Organizational Goal from the following list that you will use to develop a strategic plan for your proposed health information system:
- Research and education
- Patient Care: Quality improvement
- Patient Care: Sharing data across the system
- Patient Care: Non-acute services
- Financial stability
Before beginning to develop your strategic goal, it is important to understand your objectives. In other words, as you choose your Strategic Goal, keep in mind the overall impact you want this goal to have on your department or the organization as a whole. As an example, if you chose Patient Care: Sharing Data Across the System, you can start by thinking about the expeditiousness of information from the pharmacy back to the care team, and how such interface may impact patient outcome. A good acronym to use to sort through your thought process is PICOT (Population/Problem, Intervention, Comparison, Outcome, and Time); the PICOT approach is spelled out below:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Population/Patient problem – Who is it that you are trying to provide service for?
- Intervention – What is it you are trying to do? Or, what are you fixing?
- Comparison – Is there a possible alternative to this system? Or, why did I choose this system?
- Outcome – What is the goal here?
- Time – How long will this plan take to be implemented?
The plan for your chosen Strategic Organizational Goal should
- Outline one problem an organization faces related to your selected Strategic Organizational Goal.
- Develop a solution to the problem identified that utilizes your health information system from Week 1.
- Evaluate the essentials steps in creating information governance.
- Articulate the roles and responsibilities of key players in policy, strategies, and challenges.
The Strategic Plan paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least three scholarly or peer-reviewed sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.