In this assignment you will be analyzing the following Social Security benefits:
- life insurance
- disability income
- retirement income
To begin, create a table of facts and figures that you have developed showing important information about these benefits. Refer to your table in the text of your essay. Respond to the following:
Provide an overview of the Social Security benefits listed above.
Compare and contrast the four benefits.
Did it help you to present some of the information for this SLP assignment in table form? Why or why not?
Use at least the internet and/ or module materials to augment the Sanicola (2011) source.
Your submission should be 2-3 pages in addition to the page with the table, your cover page, and your Reference page. Provide enough discussion/detail to make this assignment informative to you and to your reader.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Your paper will be evaluated using the criteria as stated in the SLP rubric. The following is a review of the rubric criteria:
- Assignment-Driven: Does the paper fully address all aspects of the assignment? Is the assignment addressed accurately and precisely using sound logic? Does the paper meet minimum length requirements?
- Critical Thinking: Does the paper demonstrate graduate-level analysis, in which information derived from multiple sources, expert opinions, and assumptions has been critically evaluated and synthesized in the formulation of a logical set of conclusions? Does the paper address the topic with sufficient depth of discussion and analysis?
- Business Writing: Is the essay logical, well organized, and well written? Are the grammar, spelling, and vocabulary appropriate for graduate-level work? Are section headings included? Are paraphrasing and synthesis of concepts the primary means of responding, or is justification/support instead conveyed through excessive use of direct quotations?
- Effective Use of Information: Does the submission demonstrate that the student has read, understood and can apply the background materials for the module? If required, has the student demonstrated effective research, as evidenced by student’s use of relevant and quality (library?) sources? Do additional sources used provide strong support for conclusions drawn, and do they help in shaping the overall paper?
- Citing Sources: Does the student demonstrate understanding of APA Style of referencing, by inclusion of proper citations (for paraphrased text and direct quotations) as appropriate? Have all sources (e.g., references used from the Background page, the assignment readings, and outside research) been included, and are these properly cited? Have all sources cited in the paper been included on the References page?