Inform learners they will write a two-page (maximum) essay addressing actual SHARP issues from your environment – unit, organization, or Army – and making recommendations on how all leaders at all levels can implement potential solutions. The winner will be selected by the commandant and recognized with a certificate of achievement and coin during graduation.
Title: “Why does the number of sexual assaults continue to increase throughout your unit/organization/Army?” (Choose one)
ORDER NOW FOR CUSTOMIZED SOLUTION PAPERS
I. Introduction (1-2 paragraphs)
A. Opening statement
B. Background information
C. Purpose statement
II. Body (2-4 paragraphs)
A. (Point A) Why does sexual assault occur? Include supporting evidence.
B. (Point B) Does our current approach to training reduce (or not reduce) the risk of sexual assault and harassment? (Could be tied to point A)
C. (Point C) Supporting topic & evidence to support your thesis.
D. (Point D) How do we end sexual violence in the military?
III. Conclusion (1-2 paragraphs)
A. Summarize the main points.
B. Make a strong, memorable final statement.
• Essay must be 1-2 pages in length (title page does not count as a page).
• Essay is an individual activity (although peer editing is allowed).
• Essay must contain two references (ARs, personal interviews, peer review articles, etc.).
• Essay is due on Day 1 of the Assessment Phase (provide students with exact date and time).
• Commandant (or designated representative) will choose the best essay.