I have complete test bank for this class quiz message me for testbank
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
· There are 30 questions in this Quiz and each question is worth 2 points
· The quiz is worth 10% of your final grade for the course.
· Please provide your answers in the answer table provided in this document
· For multiple choices, select the appropriate letter. For True/False, put either a T or a F. For short answer questions, be very brief but concise. You do not need to describe the background, just offer your contributions to the short answer questions.
· The quiz is due on September 27, 2015, 11:59 US EDT. Early submission is encouraged and is welcomed. There will be a 20% penalty for every day late (less than or equal 24 hours is considered a day) until no points are left.
· The quiz is to be of your own work and no other individuals may assist you in this effort.
· When applicable please provide your own examples to complement your material.
· Please put your name at the top of the document and name your file using this file naming convention: fLastQuizl.doc, e.g. the Quiz 1 file name for me would be aGhafarianQuiz1.doc
· Please submit your work using the Quiz1 link in the Assignment Folder.
· Use Cybercafé to post your questions about the Quiz but no questions about the questions themselves.
1. Assurance is the process of examining a computer product or system with respect to certain criteria
2. The first step in devising security services and mechanisms is to develop a security policy.
3. X.800 architecture was developed as an international standard and focuses on security in the context of networks and communications.
4. Contingency planning is a functional area that primarily requires computer security technical measures.
5. Hardware is the most vulnerable to attack and the least susceptible to automated controls.
6. In the context of security our concern is with the vulnerabilities of system resources.
7. Many security administrators view strong security as an impediment to efficient and user-friendly operation of an information system.
MULTIPLE CHOICES QUESTIONS
8. Many security administrators view strong security as an impediment to efficient and user-friendly operation of an information system.
A. Trust B. Assurance
C. Evaluation D. Functionality
9. The ________ is the government agency that monitors the evaluation process.
A. sponsor B. certifier
C. evaluator D. developer
10. A _______ is a collection of requirements that share a common focus or intent.
A. trust B. family
C. class D. component
11. The _______ is a hardware module that is at the heart of a hardware/software approach to trusted computing.
A. BLP B. TC
C. CC D. TPM
12. Inserting a new row at a lower level without modifying the existing row at the higher level is known as ________.
A. polyinstantiation B. ds-property
C. trust D. MAC
13. _________ is assurance that a system deserves to be trusted such that the trust can be guaranteed in some convincing way such as through formal analysis or code review.
A. TCB B. Trustworthiness
C. Trusted computing D. TPM
14. __________ data are data that may be derived from corporate data but that cannot be used to discover the corporation’s identity.
A. Reference B. Trust
C. Sanitized D. MAC
15. _________ is choosing to accept a risk level greater than normal for business reasons.
A. Risk avoidance B. Reducing likelihood
C. Risk transfer D. Risk acceptance
16. The purpose of ________ is to determine the basic parameters within which the risk assessment will be conducted and then to identify the assets to be examined.
A. establishing the context B. control
C. risk avoidance D. combining
17. ________ specification indicates the impact on the organization should the particular threat in question actually eventuate.
A. Risk B. Consequence
C. Threat D. Likelihood
18. The results of the risk analysis should be documented in a _________.
A. journal B. consequence
C. risk register D. none of the above
19. _________ include management, operational, and technical processes and procedures that act to reduce the exposure of the organization to some risks by reducing the ability of a threat source to exploit some vulnerabilities.
A. Security controls B. Risk appetite
C. Risk controls D. None of the above
20. A ________ is anything that might hinder or present an asset from providing appropriate levels of the key security services.
A. vulnerability B. threat
C. risk D. control
21. The _________ approach involves conducting a risk analysis for the organization’s IT systems that exploits the knowledge and expertise of the individuals performing the analysis.
A. baseline B. combined
C. detailed D. informal
FILL-IN THE BLANK QUESTIONS
22. Incident response is part of the ________ class of security controls.
23. Controls can be classified as belonging to one of the following classes: management controls, operational controls, technical controls, detection and recovery controls, preventative controls, and _______ controls.
24. The ________ audit process should be conducted on new IT systems and services once they are implanted; and on existing systems periodically, often as part of a wider, general audit of the organization or whenever changes are made to the organization’s security policy.
25. _________ controls focus on preventing security beaches from occurring by inhibiting attempts to violate security policies or exploit a vulnerability.
SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS
26. What are the two rules that a reference monitor enforces?
27. What properties are required of a reference monitor?
28. What is polyinstantiation?
29. Briefly describe the three basic services provided by a TPMs.
30. What is the aim of evaluating an IT product against a trusted computing evaluation standard?