Quality and safety Gap Analysis Paper
Write an analysis, 4–5 pages in length, of the gap between current and desired performance, with respect to the provision of safe, high-quality patient care.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
As a nurse leader, you must be able to assess your organization’s ability to deliver safe, high-quality patient care. In so doing, you may be required to perform a gap analysis of a quality or safety issue as the first step in improving outcomes.Quality and safety Gap Analysis Paper. Failure to meet benchmarks for safe and effective patient care can have reimbursement, regulatory, and legal consequences.
This assessment provides an opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required to successfully implement changes that improve patient outcomes by:
- Evaluating the current culture of an organization.
- Performing an outcomes gap analysis.
- Determining what changes are needed to bridge the gap.
- Examining current thinking on this topic contained in the literature.
As a nurse leader, you are fully aware of the hazardous nature of health care and that organizations must continually seek to improve the quality and safety of the care they provide to patients. For this assessment, you will identify a systemic problem in your organization, practice setting, or area of interest associated with adverse quality and safety outcomes (for example, an increase in the incidence of falls or medical errors) and analyze the gap between current and desired performance.
Systemic problem to write about will be increase in falls.
Requirements- The paper must address the 8 bullet points below. Organize the paper sections by each bullet point.
?Note: The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the Quality and Safety Gap Analysis Scoring Guide. Quality and safety Gap Analysis Paper. Be sure that your written analysis addresses each point, at a minimum. You may also want to read the Quality and Safety Gap Analysis Scoring Guide and Guiding Questions: Quality and Safety Gap Analysis (linked in the Resources) to better understand how each criterion will be assessed.
Conducting the Analysis
- Identify a systemic problem in your organization (increase in falls), practice setting, or area of interest that contributes to adverse quality and safety outcomes and identifies knowledge gaps, unknowns, missing information, unanswered questions or areas of uncertainty.
- Propose specific practice changes that will improve quality and safety outcomes and bridge the gap between current and desired performance, and identifies assumptions on which the proposal is based.
- Prioritize proposed practice changes, and provides sound rationale for prioritization.
- Determine how proposed practice changes will foster a culture of quality and safety, & proposes criteria that could be used to evaluate that culture.
- Determine how a particular organizational culture or hierarchy might affect or contribute to adverse quality and safety outcomes, & identifies assumptions on which that analysis is based.
- Justify necessary changes to particular organizational functions, processes, and behaviors that mitigate adverse quality and safety outcomes, and identifies knowledge gaps, unknowns, missing information, unanswered questions, or areas of uncertainty.
Writing and Supporting Evidence
- Communicate analysis data and information clearly and accurately, using correct grammar and mechanics.
- Integrate relevant and credible sources of evidence to support assertions, correctly formatting citations and references using APA style. Quality and safety Gap Analysis Paper.
Format your document using APA style.
- Use the APA Paper Template linked in the resources. Be sure to include:
- A title page and reference page. An abstract is not required.
- A running head on all pages.
- Appropriate section headings.
- Properly-formatted citations and references.
- Your analysis should be 4–5 pages in length, not including the title page and reference page. At least 3 credible citations.
Attached is the actual paper directions & scoring guide with suggested resources .Quality and safety Gap Analysis Paper.