- Phenomenology: This type of research explains the phenomenon on the basis of an individual’s experience. It shares the opinion of people on what they are expected from their government.
- Ethnography: This type of research based on a group of people in which they share attributes, language, and material things.
- Case study: In this research, details of one or more cases are explained. For example, the case study of the blood cancer patient.
- Grounded theory: This type of research based on grounded observations of data. Use quantitative data, records observation, interviews, and surveys to justify your observations.
- Historical research: This research presents a platform where past and present events are discussed in the context of the present circumstances. It also ensures to answers all queries related to current issues.
Conceptual research focuses on the information which is already present to explain or describe the phenomenon. For example: finding answers to such questions such as what are the causes of disease? What is the matter? How to define our galaxy?
- It doesn’t involve any practical experiments focusing on the abstraction of ideas or concepts.
- The best example to understand the concept of conceptual research is the theory of Newton’s law. As we know, the fundamentals of Newton’s law based on the concept of motion and gravitation.
For the conceptual research framework, read the following steps:
- Selection of a topic for your research: Prior to starting your research, make sure you select a topic to gather enough information. It is essential to choose a topic related to your field of specialization.
- Collect relevant particulars: Once you have selected your topic, time to gather information related to the same. In conceptual research, most of your information based on previous research. Thus, it is an essential step for your research. Prefer scientific journals and research papers published by scientists as a source of your information.
- Categorize variables: It is important to identify the particular variables related to your research topic. This step will add meaning to your work. If you like to include research on the occurrence of cancer in children, age and gender are two variables for your research.
- Create the framework: After collecting all the needed information, you need to outline your research framework. This step focuses on answering the questions based on your research.
Benefits of conceptual research for your assignment
- The main focus of conceptual research is to describe the concept of research or explore a phenomenon. Does it have answers to questions such as what are the cause of the phenomenon? What are the reasons responsible for the occurrence?
- This research doesn’t allow any kind of experiment whereas it based on previously conducted studies. Your time, efforts and resources are saved using this research. With this research, students could generate more relevant information.
- It is the most convenient form of research to create a conceptual outline through relevant information on the topic.