The purpose of the PLAP is to objectively examine your current leadership style, abilities, strengths, and weaknesses. Also, you should take a careful inward and candid look at where you are as a leader and envision the future direction of your leadership career.
- This plan is to be 10 pages in length not including the first page and resource page, double-spaced, and written in accordance with APA writing standards.
- Moreover, you are required to present a plan that is critically reflective yet scholarly in nature.
Your PLAP should contain seven components listed below:
- Statement of personal purpose and values.
- An assessment of who I am now.
- What I want to achieve
- Leadership vision: Summary of leadership strengths and weaknesses (very specific).
- Development of an action plan – what to achieve and how to achieve it.