Careers after Master in Nursing
Achieving a master’s degree is a two-year program. It can boost your career considerably. After you achieve a Master’s degree, the careers available in the field are:
- Nursing Consultant
- Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse
- Research Nurse
- School Nurse
- Advanced nurse practitioner
- Psychiatric Nurse
- Clinical nurse specialist
- Travel Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Flight Nurse
- Nurse educator
- Nurse Anaesthetist
Entry prerequisites for admission:
The students are also required to complete some other courses during their undergraduate education program. Some universities also require having some professional experience. The master’s program varies according to different universities.
- Bachelor’s degree to pursue a master’s degree
- Letters of recommendation
- College transcripts
- Discussion about career goals
- GRE, GMAT, and TOEFL exams.
- One should be able to provide documents for identity verification like passport or birth certificate.
- He or she should submit an English language proficiency certificate.
- He or she should possess a clean criminal record
- There is an annual increase in your fee every year.
- Other expenses include school uniforms, textbooks, and other expenses on clinical placements. It also includes living in the metropolitan area in an added expense.
Best universities for Master of Nursing in Australia
- Australian Catholic University
This university provides the course for a Master in Clinical nursing and a Master of health nursing. The master of Mental Health program teaches skills for mental health practice. The completer course will teach you both theory and practical knowledge. A master’s in Clinical nursing course is available online. Also, a Master of Mental Health can be learned from Melbourne and Brisbane. The course duration is 1.5 years.
- The University of Sydney
The program at Sydney University will qualify to give your services in national healthcare centers. It is 2 years full time or 4 years part-time course. To get admission in this university, one should have a bachelor degree from Australia. They also conduct literacy and numeracy tests.
- Western Sydney University
You can study at the university campus or it also offers an online course. This university offers an outstanding career program to enhance the skills. You can complete the course in 1.5 years full time or studying for 3 years part-time.
For eligibility, you must have a certificate of registration in your own country. Students can choose any program from Primary Health Care and Research Studies, Clinical Teaching, and Aged Care.
- University of Southern Queensland
The master of nursing in Australia is recommended to be completed online. However, you can complete it in 1.5 years full time and the duration is equivalent for part-time. To get the admission here, you must have a bachelor’s degree from Australia completed in 3 years. To have a clinical experience is recommended, but that is optional.