Long-Term and Organizational Success of Implementation
Adopting a workflow change requires consideration of many organization wide factors that span a much larger timescale and scope than the initial stages of implementation. The long-term success of a workflow redesign project depends not only on providing up-front support and training for end users but also on how well the project is maintained throughout its lifespan. Possible factors that influence the long-term, widespread effectiveness of a project include:
- An organization’s culture, mission, vision, and values
- End-user suggestions and feedback for improving the system
- System glitches or bugs that were not identified in the design and implementation stages
- Organizational restructuring or procedural changes that impact the basic functionality of the system
- The rise of incorrect uses of the system or lack of end user accountability for correct system usage
- New governmental or organizational requirements that have implications for the system
- The emergence of innovations and new technologies that render the system obsolete
In this Discussion, you focus on how these possibilities affect the long-term and organizational success of a project.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources for insights on the long-term, widespread success of health care informatics projects.
- Consider how an organization can maintain a workflow’s efficiency and effectiveness once a change is implemented.
- Examine the long-term and organizational factors and issues mentioned above. How do these factors impact the enduring, widespread success of a project in the health care setting?
- What strategies could be used to address or accommodate these factors and issues? For example, help-desk support, regular training modules.
With this information in mind:
Postby tomorrow 11/01/16 a minimum of 550 words essays with a minimum of 3 scholarly references from the list below addressing the level one headings as numbered below:
1) An explanation of how organizational considerations can affect the long-term success of a project implemented to improve workflow.
2) Select 2–3 specific factors or issues and explain how they might impact the successful long-term implementation of a project.
3) Identify at least one strategy for addressing each factor or issue you selected. Justify your response.