Best Available Writers
№ 1 In global rating
278 finished papers
147 customer reviews
98% success rate
COMPETENCES: Nursing, Sociology, Creative Writing, Marketing
№ 2 In global rating
184 finished papers
120 customer reviews
97% success rate
COMPETENCES: Financial Analysis, Political Science, Marketing
Issues of Trust in Baltimore Case Study
[WLOs: 2, 3] [CLOs: 3, 4]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
· Chapter 4: The Police Responsibility to Community-Oriented Policing in a Diverse Society in Training the 21st Century Police Officer: Redefining Police Professionalism for the Los Angeles Police Department.
· Chapter 11: Social Roles and Power in a Diverse Society in The Psychology of Diversity: Beyond Prejudice and Racism.
Your paper will be based on the following case:
On April 12, 2015, Baltimore Police arrested Freddie Carlos Gray, Jr., a 25-year-old black man for possessing a knife that police say was illegal under Baltimore law. Gray fell into a coma while being transported in a police van and was taken to a trauma center where he died of a spinal cord injury on April 19, 2015. Six Baltimore police officers were charged with various crimes in Gray’s death. There was one mistrial, two acquittals, and the prosecutor dismissed all charges against the three remaining officers. In the first trial, which ended in a mistrial, seven black and five white jurors heard two weeks of testimony before being unable to render a verdict. The six officers charged are racially and gender diverse—three are white men, one black female, and two black males. Five of the six officers sued the prosecutor, a black female, for malicious prosecution, defamation, and invasion of privacy. While there were protests, peaceful and otherwise, after Gray’s death, the situation escalated after Gray’s funeral when the city erupted in violence. Businesses were looted, cars were set ablaze, and more than a dozen officers were injured. Race was not the sole issue as half of the officers involved are black as was Freddie Gray, the mayor, and the prosecutor. Rather than succumbing to these events, Baltimore, its citizens, and its institutions are moving forward to address the issues that became fertile ground for frustration, mistrust, anger and violence.
Use the general outline below to conduct your case study:
I. Introduction a. A brief summary of the death of Freddie Gray, the circumstances, and the response by citizens, police, and elected officials.
II. Analyze Relationships
a. Between the public, police, and the criminal justice system, including the prosecutor b. Between the public and the city government
III. Analyze Efforts to Build and Improve Relationships
a. Between the police and prosecutor, and the community
b. Between major community institutions and the community
a. Explain the outcomes to date of relationships between police, the prosecutor, major community institutions, and the community.
b. Examine the outcomes to determine if progress has been made.
c. Propose what other efforts should be considered.
In your paper,
· Summarize the death of Freddie Gray, the circumstances, and the response by citizens, police and elected officials.
· Analyze relationships between the public, the police-criminal justice system, and city
· Analyze efforts to build and improve relationships between the police, the prosecutor, major community institutions, and the communi
· Explain the outcomes to date of relationships between police, the prosecutor, major community institutions, and the community.
· Examine these outcomes to determine if progress has been made.
· Propose what other efforts should be considered.
The Issues of Trust in Baltimore Case Study paper
· Must be 600 double-spaced words in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
· Title of paper
· Student’s name
· Course name and number
· Instructor’s name
· Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
· Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
· Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
· For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
· Must use at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed, or credible sources in addition to the course text.
· The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
· To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Ashford University Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the Ashford University Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
· Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
· Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.