Academic Paper Writing Service
Our best writers will gladly help you with:
Trusted by thousands of studentsOrder Now
We are ready to assist you anytime.Talk to an expert
Introduction to World Politics PSC 10400 • Fall 2021
READING RESPONSE #2
Due: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 by 11:59 PM EST
Select one of the following prompts to respond to:
1. As stated in Frieden, Lake and Schultz (2019): “Although bargaining provides a way for states to settle disputes and avoid the costs of war, the question of whether [the U.S. should] negotiate with North Korea over its nuclear ambitions has been fraught with controversy,” (104). Based on what you have learned about bargaining and war, present an approach that you think would be most likely to avoid U.S. involvement in a future military conflict with North Korea.
2. As you know, the U.S. recently pulled its troops out of Afghanistan. The Taliban, an Islamic fundamentalist group, has regained control of the government. Read the BBC News article linked here about how two countries – Qatar and Turkey – are facilitating relations between the Taliban government and the international community. Focusing on either Qatar or Turkey, describe how the country’s interests are shaping its approach toward Afghanistan. Do you think the country sees cooperation, bargaining, or some combination of both as the best way to achieve its interests when interacting with other actors? Elaborate.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS: • Submit your reading response on Blackboard (Assignments > Reading Response #1) as a
word processing document (i.e. .docx, .pages) or as a PDF file. • Your response should be approximately 500 words (approximately 2 pages, double-
spaced, 12 point font, 1” margins).
• Your response will receive a maximum of 10 points. After a 5-minute grace period, late responses will be deducted 1 full point immediately, and 0.5 points each 24 hours thereafter.
• You must cite at least one reading from the course and at least one outside source in your response. NOTE: Several suggested outside sources will be posted on Blackboard. You are not required to use any of them, but they might provide a good starting point.
• If you directly quote or paraphrase someone else’s words – whether from our textbook or another source – you must cite the source to avoid plagiarism.
• When citing a source, please use in-text/parenthetical citations. o Instructions on how to do so using MLA style can be found here. o Alternatively, you can use APA style as described here.
• At the end of your document, you should also include a reference list or list of works cited. (This should not be included in your word count.) Some of you might know this as a bibliography.
o Instructions on how to do so using MLA style can be found here. o Alternatively, you can use APA style as described here.
• Your reading response will be evaluated on the degree to which it: o fulfills the basic requirements above; o demonstrates comprehension of course concepts, examples, and/or themes; o thoughtfully, precisely, and creatively addresses the
+1 (289) 803-6873
Writers24x7.com is powered by AwasamT
Get it solved from our top experts within 8 hrs!Ask Your Question Now!