This discussion board content is intended to facilitate learning for students through engaging dialogues as they achieve the desired learning outcomes/competencies associated with their course in a manner that empowers them to organize, integrate, apply and critically appraise their knowledge to their selected field of practice.
The use of discussions provides students with opportunities to contribute graduate level-appropriate knowledge and experience to the topic in a safe, caring, and fluid environment that models professional and social interaction. The ebb and flow of a discussion is based upon the composition of student and faculty interaction in the quest for relevant scholarship.
ORDER NOW FOR CUSTOMIZED SOLUTION PAPERS
Participation in the discussion generates opportunities for students to actively engage in the written ideas of others by carefully reading, researching, reflecting, and responding to the contributions of their peers and course faculty. Discussions foster the development of members into a community of learners as they share ideas and inquiries, consider perspectives that may be different from their own, and integrate knowledge from other disciplines.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
1. Inspect the relationship between environment and global health (CO5).
2. Appraise global health problems considering WHO SDG’s as well as related epidemiological data (CO5).
1. Go to your state government web page. Find one health policy enacted within the last two (2) years at the state level. Write down the bill number and the sponsors of the bill and include this information in your initial post.
2. Write a minimum of a one-page critical analysis summary of the policy. (250 words double spaced, APA). Your summary should integrate the concepts of advocacy, population health, and the ANA ethical statements (“The Code”), and course readings, to include a minimum of one course scholarly article (provided within the course). Be sure to speak to the role of advocacy and population health.
3. Respond to a minimum of two (2) peers/faculty posts with one (1) paragraph of 4-5 sentences integrating one scholarly source utilized in an in-text citation/APA.
1. Posts should be made on a minimum of 3 separate days/dates.
2. All faculty replies to students must be responded to directly in the discussion board.
3. Minimum posting is:
· Initial discussion board post to the weekly prompt, two peer posts (if there are no faculty postings), or one peer post and a faculty post.
**To see view the grading criteria/rubric, please click on the 3 dots in the box at the end of the solid gray bar above the discussion board title and then Show Rubric.
|DISCUSSION CONTENT Category Points % Description Scholarly 13 22% · The student actively stimulates and sustains inquiry by making reflective insightful comments, asking thoughtful questions and/or engaging in a scholarly discussion. · The student expresses a clear idea of the topic under discussion and sustains inquiry in order to explore relevant issues. · The student recognizes values or values conflict as things that form the assumption basis of arguments and recognizes when it is important to acknowledge these values. · The student recognizes the accuracy, logic, relevance, or clarity of statements. · The student asks clarifying questions and knows when clarifying questions need to be asked. · The student distinguishes fact from opinion. Application 20 33% · All components of discussion prompt addressed (met) in initial posting. · The student’s writing conveys an understanding of significant ideas relevant to the issue under discussion. This is indicated by integration of course and weekly objectives, as well as readings from text and articles. · All posts should make correct use of terminology, precise selection of the pieces of information required to make a point, correct and appropriate use of examples and counterexamples, demonstrations of which distinctions are important to make, and explanations that are concise and to the point. · Information and knowledge are accurate. · The student elaborates statements with accurate explanations, reasons, or evidence from the course and/or weekly objectives. · All postings integrate scholarly sources to support points consistently. Interactive Dialogue 10 16.6% · Responds to ideas in a way that advances discussion with engagement, depth, rigor, and application. · Interacts with a professional tone and is able to express opinions with ownership and without judgement. · Chooses to include professional experience to the discussion board mindful of appropriateness and boundaries. Experience is integrated as it supports the discussion board topic and utilizes scholarly references to support overall topic. 43 72% Total CONTENT Points= 43 pts DISCUSSION FORMAT Category Points % Description APA (current edition)12 20% · In text citations are formatted per APA. · Reference list is formatted per APA. · Spelling, grammar, and scholarly tone per APA. Spelling / Grammar etc. 5 8% · Posts should utilize correct spelling and grammar (sentence structure and avoidance of slang or casual language). 17 28% Total FORMAT Points=17 pts 60 100% DISCUSSION TOTAL=60 points|