In this assignment, you will be completing a health assessment on an older adult. To complete this assignment, do the following:
- Perform a health history on an older adult. Students who do not work in an acute setting may “practice” these skills with a patient, community member, neighbor, friend, colleague, or loved one. (If an older individual is not available, you may choose a younger individual).
- Complete a physical examination of the client using the “Health History and Examination” assignment resource. Use the “Functional Health Pattern Assessment” resource as a guideline to assist you in completing the template.
- Document findings of complete physical examination in Situation-Background-Assessment-Recommendation (SBAR) format. Refer to the sample SBAR Template located on the National Nurse Leadership Council website at https://www.ihs.gov/nnlc/includes/themes/newihstheme/display_objects/documents/resources/SBARTEMPLATE.pdfhttps://www.ihs.gov/nnlc/includes/themes/
- Document the findings of the physical examination in the assessment worksheet.
- Using the “Health History and Examination” assignment resource, provide the physical examination findings summary with planned interventions for the client. Include any community services in the interventions.