Title: Ethical Dimensions in the Health Professions
Get Help from Experts
If you’re still asking yourself, “Who can help me write my paper from scratch", don’t hesitate to use us. Experienced writers will immediately write, proofread, or improve your academic paper. They can also help you choose a topic and edit your references into APA or MLA format. So, what are you waiting for?Find your writer
Edition: 6th (2015)
Author: Doherty, Regina and Purtilo, Ruth
Publisher: Elsevier Science
Book ISBN: 978-0323328920
As you have learned, regulations and laws exist to protect patient privacy and uphold confidentiality. Especially in a technological advanced setting, such as healthcare, maintaining these standards can prove challenging as a result of new, ethical issues not previously experienced. As a future leader in healthcare administration, it is important to understand national regulations relative to confidentiality, privacy, and informed consent.
In this unit, you will compare ethical issues of confidentiality by examining a scenario and its implications of various regulations and laws. By the end of this unit, you will be able to assess national regulations regarding confidentiality and ethical considerations of confidentiality laws.
To begin, select one (1) of the following stories from your textbook from which to address the assignment requirements:
· The Story of Twyla Roberts and Mary Louis (p. 203)
· The Story of Beth Tottle, Mrs. Uwilla, and the Uwilla Family (p. 229)
· The Story of Jack Burns and Cecelia Langer (p. 250)
· The Story of Meg Perkins and Helen Williams (p. 279)
In a 5-7 page paper (excluding title page and reference list), address the following:
· Summarize the story briefly providing the ethical dilemma and parties involved.
· Discuss the varying perspectives from the parties involved. Be sure to discuss potential reasoning for the varied perspectives. Please note that you may need to include fictitious information to complete this.
· Discuss ethical standards relevant to the unique scenario.
· Identify national regulations and laws pertinent to the story.
· Using the six-step process, explain a practical, ethical solution to your story.
Report your findings noting the following standards:
· Current APA formatting (e.g. title page, citations, conclusion, reference page, etc.) should be used.
· Proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation are expected.
· Plagiarism, self-plagiarism, unoriginal work, and unattributed content is not permitted and will result in action pursuant to the University’s Plagiarism Policy and Procedures.