In this assignment, you will learn about univariate analysis and frequency distribution.
Using the Internet, research the following:
- Univariate analysis
- Frequency distribution and scattergrams
One of the ways that data is examined is by doing univariate analysis. This means that the researcher analyzes the characteristics of a single variable to understand what the numbers say about the sample or group from which it is collected.
Find a frequency distribution analysis from the Internet which brings out an experiment using univariate analysis and complete the following tasks based on the example:
- Post a link to the example.
- Explain the techniques used by the researcher to describe the distribution and characteristics of a single variable.
- Discuss if further statistical analysis beyond the univariate analysis is necessary.
- Explain the logic of statistical significance and level of significance.
- Define Type I and Type II errors.
Next, find a scattergram and post the link to it.
Then, discuss your findings by completing the following tasks:
- Cite and reference the source from which you obtained the scattergram using APA format.
- Describe the steps in creating a scattergram.
- Explain the significance of a scattergram in describing bivariate relations.