The Epidemiology Paper is a practice immersion assignment designed to be completed in three sections, this is part one of the assignment. Learners are required discuss the role of descriptive epidemiology in nursing science and apply descriptive epidemiology in nursing science.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments.
· This assignment requires that support your position by referencing at least six to eight scholarly resources. At least three of your supporting references must be from scholarly sources other than the assigned readings.
Write a 1,250–1,500 word paper discussing the role of descriptive epidemiology in nursing science. Include the following:
1. Define descriptive epidemiology and describe its relationship and role in nursing science today.
2. Provide a contemporary example of how descriptive epidemiology is applied in public health nursing.
3. Identify the epidemiology components used to analyze at-risk populations.