Star Trek: The New Generation
“Season 1 Episode 7 – Justice” and Lawes Divine, Morall and Martiall
ORDER NOW FOR CUSTOMIZED SOLUTION PAPERS
1. How would you describe the Edos’ (planet’s people) understanding and practice of justice?
2. What is the conflict between the “Prime Directive” and the laws of the planet?
3. Were there mitigating circumstances concerning Wesley’s crime? Does intent play a part in Wesley’s guilt or innocence? punishment?
4. The Edo representatives says that before their system of law their society was lawless, uncaring of each other, and brutal. Does this mean that their system of justice is better than Starfleet’s? Why or why not?
5. Commander Riker states, “When has justice ever been as simple as a rule book?” What does this mean? How can we relate it today’s criminal justice system?
6. According to the Lawes,Divine, Morall and Martiall what kind of laws did they have? (Give an example of a listed law and explain.)
7. Why do you think that the Virginia colony had such strict laws? Why do you think they specifically pointed out particular behaviors to enforce? (Think about conditions in early Virginia.)