Best Available Writers
№ 1 In global rating
278 finished papers
147 customer reviews
98% success rate
COMPETENCES: Nursing, Sociology, Creative Writing, Marketing
№ 2 In global rating
184 finished papers
120 customer reviews
97% success rate
COMPETENCES: Financial Analysis, Political Science, Marketing
Demarcation criteria – Summarize differing views of criteria for demarcating science from nonscience. Read and critique http://www.arn.org/docs/meyer/sm_methodological.htm (and/or any other articles on this subject you find helpful).
- What are the difficulties in demarcating science from nonscience?
- Is it important to demarcate science from non-science or pseudoscience in our society? If so, when and why?
- How are the terms “science” and “pseudoscience” used in debates about origins?
- Can science be defined as an entity that is objective and independent of either the naturalistic or theistic worldviews?
- Discuss various demarcation criteria that have appeared in our readings and how they are used. What are the consequences of applying these universally (i.e. are key aspects of the historical sciences or theoretical physics excluded)?
- Choose several demarcation criteria, and decide whether it is theoretically possible for science, so defined, to point to design. Is a design inference pseudoscience?