Health care information systems implementation such as electronic health records (EHRs) require detailed planning, well-trained staff, and upper-management support in order to achieve a successful implementation. In addition, comprehending barriers to implementation and previous implementation failures is important to fully understand.
In addition to your assigned reading, conduct a literature review of health care organizations that have implemented an EHR. Identify one health care organization in particular that has implemented an EHR. Create a 12- to 15-slide (not including title slide and reference slides) PowerPoint presentation on the implementation of an EHR within a health care organization. Provide a brief introduction about the health care organization, what type of EHR they selected, and their process for implementation (this should cover from the analysis phase to implementation). In addition, discuss some of the challenges they faced and how they overcame them. Finally, discuss any improvements in patient outcomes that the health care organization states (If the organization does not state any, simply put that on your slide.)
- Submit a 12- to 15-slide (not including title slide and reference slides) PowerPoint presentation on the health care organization you have selected.
- The slides should discuss: brief introduction about the healthcare organization, what type of EHR they implemented, the implementation process of the EHR (this should cover from the analysis phase to implementation), any challenges faced and if their were noted improvements in patient outcomes..
- Provide speaker notes to support your slides.
- Provide references from at least 3 scholarly articles (peer-reviewed) and citations. Do not include information from non-scholarly materials such as wikis, encyclopedias, or www.freearticles.com (or similar websites). Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.
- For additional information on reliability of sources, review the following source:
Georgetown University Library. (n.d.). Evaluating internet resources. Retrieved from https://www.library.georgetown.edu/tutorials/research-guides/evaluating-internet-content
- Your response should incorporate the outcomes of the module with the requirements of this assignment and will be graded according to the rubric