https://www.writers24x7.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/logo-writers24x7-1.png 0 0 Writers24x7 https://www.writers24x7.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/logo-writers24x7-1.png Writers24x72021-06-10 02:19:402021-06-10 02:19:40Explain the methods used for testing toxicity of chemicals.
REFERENCES TO USE: SUGGESTED READINGS US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). (2011). Animal feeding operations. < http://cfpub.epa.gov/npdes/home.cfm?program_id Understanding the definitions and terminologies associated with environmental toxicology is very important to a public health professional’s basic environmental health education. In this assignment, you will research environmental toxicology and write a paper titled “The Toxicity of a Chemical.”
Using the Argosy University online library resources and the readings for this module, address the following in your paper:
***** Please address ALL 10 Points*********************************************
- Define environmental toxicology.
- Differentiate between toxins and toxicants.
- Describe the determinants of the toxicity of a chemical.
- Explain the methods used for testing toxicity of chemicals.
- Describe different ranges of exposure.
- Explain the concept of latency.
- Define dose and threshold.
- Describe the differences between synergism, antagonism, and potentiation.
- Explain the concept of risk assessment.
- Conclude with a description of a human exposure assessment.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Wrote a research paper on environmental toxicology displaying in-depth research on terminology.||28|
|Provided scholarly examples in support.||8|
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||12|
|Environmental Policy and Regulation|
|It is important for any discussion of healthcare related concerns to be informed by an awareness of governmental policy and involvement. In this module, you will examine how environmental policy and regulations are formulated. You will learn about: