1. Mass data methods are used to obtain more survey points rapidly.
- Describe and explain 5 engineering applications of LiDAR remote sensing.
- An area of 200 km by 100 km was surveyed using photogrammetry at an average scale of 1 cm = 100 m. The standard size of a single photograph was 150 mm × 150 mm. If 10000 photos were taken in total, find the required side overlap if the longitudinal overlap was 60%. Give your answer to the nearest ten.
2. You work for a surveying company. Main roads WA has contracted your company to set out the centre line of a new highway to be constructed. You have found the following video online about a robot that can do the work more effectively: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeTJBxgSjEs
Write a one-page report to convince your line manager of the benefits of using the robot for line marking compared to traditional surveying methods. Use scholarly sources to support your argument. In your report address the following:
Get Help from Experts
If you’re still asking yourself, “Who can help me write my paper from scratch", don’t hesitate to use us. Experienced writers will immediately write, proofread, or improve your academic paper. They can also help you choose a topic and edit your references into APA or MLA format. So, what are you waiting for?Find your writer
- Accuracy and precision
- Ease of use
- Cost per point
3. Figure 1 shows the earthworks for a proposed two-lane two way divided road to be constructed with a total width of 6 m. The height measured at each cross section is given in Table 1. It can be assumed that the slide slope is 1 in 10 from Chn1490 to Chn1500, and 1 in 5 from Chn1520 to Chn 1530.
- Calculate the cross-sectional area at each chainage
- Estimate the total volume of:
Table 1: Height of the cross-section
Height of cross-section
Figure 1: Proposed roadway earthworks