TOPIC 1: What is one of the key messages that Get Out conveys to viewers about race in twenty-first- century American society?English homework help
Passing papers need to meet all of the following bulleted criteria:
• consistently argue the thesis in affirmative argument body paragraphs that have a fairly standard
“sandwich” or MEAL structure.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
• for support, use extensive textual evidence in the form of specific scenes, descriptions, or stretches of dialogue from the film, or the equivalent from the story.English homework help
• to support your view or the opposition’s, include at least one cited quotation from Michael Omi’s article “In Living Color: Race and American Culture.”
• to support your view or the opposition’s, or to define a useful term or discuss background, include a cited paraphrase from Michael Omi, Brittney Cooper (“Hollywood’s Post-Racial Mirage”), or Matt Zoller Seitz (“The Offensive Movie Cliché That Won’t Die”).
• include a chunk of embedded counterargument in a body paragraph. Bold the opposition’s claim. • include an MLA list of works cited (I will provide entries). Do not perform any outside research.
Often, people will write a thesis saying that Get Out “sends the message of racial division” (or racism, or something of that nature). Racial division is a phenomenon, not a message. I can say the same of racism. What about racial division? What about racism? What is the film saying about the phenomenon? English homework help
I also frequently see Get Out papers that merely trace parallels. For example, a paragraph might argue that the auction scene resembles slave auctions. Such a paragraph is not arguing about a message.
Other people wind up arguing something they believe about society rather than what the film is saying about society. These folks take a position on a social issue and then use movie examples to illustrate what they mean or to support their position