Emotional Development Essay Paper
Psychology 132: Psychology and Culture
Book: Matsumoto, D., & Juang, L. (2016). Culture and Psychology (Sixth ed.). Nelson Education.
This reflection essay should be 600 words and fully address the questions. Please make sure your paragraphs are complete (4-5 sentences) and grammar/punctuation has been checked. Essays have paragraphs!
After reading/hearing the power point presentation “EMOTIONS AND EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT” (File attached), answer the following questions:
- What emotions are ‘hard-wired’ in the stem of the brain? How might these emotions be tied with theories related to Evolutionary Psychology?
- Psychologist believe emotions become ‘active’ for all humans around the same time. What accounts for emotional expression? From Chp 9 what research may prove that we there is universal perception of emotions? What are the studies that find facial recognition may be universal? Might it be tied to genetic encoding?
- What have you noticed about the expression of emotions in your family? Is your expression always aligned with your family’s?
- How might emotion antecedents be related to Emotional Intelligence? Of the 4 areas of Emotional Intelligence, which do you think you are strong in and why? Which area(s) do you believe you need to develop more skill in?
- What do universal processes allow us to to do in different social, work and life situations? Emotional Development Essay Paper.