First Steps on Becoming a Grassroots Lobbyist/Advocate for Health Care Policy
In a Microsoft Word document of 4-5 pages formatted in APA style, you will imagine you are going to make a visit to your representative in Congress. There are two parts to this assignment.
Address the following topics:
- Develop a one-page document that supports your position on the AHCA that you would leave with your representative or his or her aide when you make your visit.
- This one-pager, also called a “leave behind,” should state your position clearly in bullet points and give your reasons why your position is preferred.
- This “leave behind” should have 1 inch margins and utilize 14-point font throughout.
- If you were making this visit in person, you would present your “leave behind” to the person with whom you speak during your visit.
- Include a second page that describes your rationale for the position in your “leave behind” page supported by at least two journal articles.
- Write a two-page brief to describe the scenario surrounding your legislative visit. Understanding the political affiliation of your representative, include answers to the following:
- Was your member in support or in opposition to the AHCA?
- State three points that you would cover in support or opposition to your representative’s position.
- How does your nursing experience influence the advocacy position that you take on the AHCA?
You may find it necessary to search for answers to the questions outside of the assigned reading.
On a separate reference page, cite all sources using APA format. Please note that the title and reference pages should not be included in the total page count of your paper.
- Use this APA Citation Helper as a convenient reference for properly citing resources.
- This handout will provide you the details of formatting your essay using APA style.
- You may create your essay in this APA-formatted template.
- Name your document SU_NSG4068_W3_Project_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.