Best Available Writers
№ 1 In global rating
278 finished papers
147 customer reviews
98% success rate
COMPETENCES: Nursing, Sociology, Creative Writing, Marketing
№ 2 In global rating
184 finished papers
120 customer reviews
97% success rate
COMPETENCES: Financial Analysis, Political Science, Marketing
Describe the purpose of a systematic review compared to a single randomised controlled trial?. Why is it important to use shortsearch terms in database search instead of long descriptive sentences?
PART ONE: Contribution to Week 3 and Week 4 Discussion Forums
PART TWO: General content questions
One of the underlying concepts explored through this subject was conveying broad clinical scenarios and questions to searchable questions and using refined search terms to extract data.
1. Why is it important to use shortsearch terms in database search instead of long descriptive sentences?
2. Why is it important to use specificsearch terms in database search instead of broad search terms.
3. Describe the relationship between the two frameworks that underpin this subject: Tanner’s Model of Clinical Judgement and Evidence Based Practice?
4.Describe the purpose of a systematic review compared to a single randomised controlled trial?
PART THREE: Research methodology and results
CASE STUDY 1: Read the article carried out by Byrne et al. (2017). A copy of this article is in Assessment 2 folder.
5. What is the benefit of using randomised control trail study design in this study?
6. What are the study’s primary and secondary outcomes?
7. How did the researchers assess pain?
8. Has the study used an adequate sample size?
9. What important baseline differences between intervention and control group participants exist that may affect the study results?
10: how is the patients’ lack of blindness to their group allocation likely to affect the study results?
11. Was chewing gum effective in reducing length of hospital stay in this study?
12. Authors report that the median time to first bowel motion (TBM) was 50 hours in the chewing gum group? What does this mean to you?
13. Authors found that the median time to first bowel motion (TBM) was 50 hours in the chewing gum group with 95% CI 45.2-54.8. What does this confidence interval tell to you?
14.Looking at Table 3, did chewing gum reduce the need for morphine equivalents for the total 7 days post-surgery in the intervention group? (Hint: compare the mean required morphine for the chewing gum group with the mean required morphine for the non-chewing gum group, see the reported p value).
15. Would you consider using chewing gum for your patients post bowel surgery? (Justify your answer taking into consideration the results of statistics, clinical significance, and cost)
PART THREE: Implementation of EBP
Thinking broadly about the way you engage with evidence in your clinical practice, please answer the following questions:
16. What are some of the barriers to implementing new research findings into clinical practice?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The post Describe the purpose of a systematic review compared to a single randomised controlled trial?. Why is it important to use shortsearch terms in database search instead of long descriptive sentences? appeared first on My Nursing Paper.