Your assignment focuses on a specific sector of healthcare and its relation to the current U.S. healthcare system. Choose one of the healthcare sectors listed below for your portfolio assignment:
- Long-term Care
- Mental and Behavioral Health
- Ambulatory Care
- For-Profit/Public Health Care.
Write a 6 page paper where you address the following:
- Describe of the sector’s historical development and current role in healthcare delivery.
- Explain how the political influence in the U.S. healthcare system impacts how this sector provides healthcare to specific communities.
- Evaluate how quality, safety, and competition within this healthcare sector impact patient care.
- Examine what major challenges exist for this sector for the system over the next decade from healthcare reform and other factors. Discuss a minimum of three challenges and offer your recommendations on how healthcare leaders and administrators can manage them.
- Provide a conclusion summary of your findings and of the project experience.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 6 pages in length, not including the cover or reference pages
- Be formatted according to the APA Requirements
- Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of eight scholarly references
Utilize the following headings to organize the content in your work.
- Historical Development and Current Role in Healthcare Delivery
- Political Influence
- Quality, Safety, and Competition
- Future Challenges and Issues
The three main types of public healthcare systems are: private, where the citizens of a nation have to pay for their own health care, universal, where all expenditure are covered by the government, or added private sectors, which are additional hospitals or clinics to universal care, available for people to receive medical services paying from their on pocket. Numerous people believe that the public healthcare modification bill is a first-class