Create a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation on a methodology you create for assessing credibility and reliability of an Internet source of CAM information. Include detailed speaker notes and reference citations. Describe how a consumer’s attitudes and beliefs about CAM could hinder objective assessments of reliability and credibility in CAM. Create five objective criteria to judge the credibility and reliability of a source of information on CAM. Select a CAM therapy or modality, and research the Internet for websites on this therapy or modality. Be sure to not use the same therapy you used for the CAM paper. Then, perform the following:
- Describe the therapy.
- Examine the type of training or education that is required.
- Discuss whether a license or certification is required to practice this therapy.
- Identify the overseeing or regulating organization for this therapy.
- Explain how you reached your conclusion about the website. Consider using a grading scale or grid for this exercise.
- Describe steps the website could take to increase its credibility.
- For Local Campus students, these may be (at the discretion of faculty) oral presentations accompanied by Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations.