Academic Paper Writing Service
Our best writers will gladly help you with:
Trusted by thousands of studentsOrder Now
We are ready to assist you anytime.Talk to an expert
COUNTERTERRORISM AND DHS
· The intent of the SLP 1-4 is for you to implement the topics and materials learnt in the course to a “real life” scenario relating to a terrorist attack on U.S. soil in a major city sports arena.
· Each module’s Session Long Project builds upon the other, so you will add the modular sections within one document like chapters in a book.
· You will prepare your “plan” to address your own selected city’s characteristics and capabilities (e.g., if you are from California, you can present a plan for the Staples Center Sports Arena, Dodger Stadium, or the Rose Bowl in Los Angeles; or if you are from the Oakland/San Francisco area, the 49ers’ Stadium in San Jose or The Raiders Stadium Complex in Oakland).
· Follow the general scenario and additional information and updates provided in each Module.
· YOU are the Emergency Manager (EM) for your City (of choice) and from this capacity and role you will address the SLP tasks.
Scenario General Description
Date – August 1, yyyy
The Threat – Intelligence agencies have intercepted (from a credible source) a terrorist organization’s communication regarding a general coordinated plan to use improvised explosive devices (IEDs) to detonate bombs at a major USA city’s sports arena during an event at an arena holding about 10,000 spectators:
Three to five suicide bombers strategically pre-position themselves around the arena. They detonate their bombs and self-destruct in order to guarantee mass panic and chaotic evacuation of the arena.
One or two large vehicle bombs (LVB) are placed in a parking facility near the entertainment complex.
Finally, expecting mass casualties, the adversary agents will detonate an additional series of devices in the lobby of the nearest hospital emergency room (ER).
Timeline – The communication states only a general timeline for the attack to be executed within the month of September. No specific date is identified.
Key Implications – Casualties (about 100 fatalities and 500 serious injuries) will result at all incident sites and will include civilians, emergency personnel, and the suicide bombers. The LVB detonation outside the venue will result in the largest number of fatalities and injuries due to the population density expected.
NOTE – Life in the city will not be disrupted and all planned public events are not to be cancelled at this time.
Module 4 SLP – Summary – Assignment (You are the City EM)
Date – August 31, yyyy
INTELLIGENCE UPDATE: Based on new classified intelligence, the timeline for the planned attack is likely to take place closer to the 9/11 date. At this time, it is still classified as a highly probable threat.
The Governor has scheduled a meeting for September 1 to receive a full report from you as to preparations for such an attack.
Your SLP 4 will be in the form of a PowerPoint presentation to the Governor. Your presentation should cover the agencies involved; the status of planning, training, and exercising; and preparations at the local level. What federal and state resources have been requested, including the National Guard (specific missions requested)?
What do you plan on telling the public about the threat?
Highlight the major points of concern and how your plan addresses them.
On your last PowerPoint Slide, address the following: Assuming a suicide bomber successfully infiltrated the hospital and detonated an IED, what local agencies would respond? Which agency would assume Incident Command? What Federal agencies would respond?
You do not need to include your reference list in the PowerPoint presentation.
SLP Assignment Expectations
The PPT should cover the agencies involved; the status of planning, training, and exercising; preparations at the local level; and which federal and state resources have been requested, including the National Guard (specific missions requested).
· Any word-for-word copying from another source must be referenced.
· You can insert audio or record your presentation in your PPT.
+1 (289) 803-6873
Writers24x7.com is powered by AwasamT
Get it solved from our top experts within 8 hrs!Ask Your Question Now!