Court Decisions and Nursing Actions
For this discussion, select one of the nursing practice issues involved in caring for psychiatric or other vulnerable patients listed below:
- Intent to harm.
- Failure to protect.
- False imprisonment or wrongful commitment.
- Level of care.
- Confidentiality of mentally ill patients.
Provide insights that concisely address the following:
- The court decisions that have defined the nursing practices of your selected issue.
- The nursing principles underlying court decisions and how they have been translated into nursing actions.
- The court decisions' impacts, both negative and positive, on the health of a specific vulnerable population.
Your initial post is to be about 150 words, referenced with at least one APA formatted reference. The reference can be a text, an assigned readings, or a reference you find on your own through the Capella Library.
Select one fellow learners' posts that address an issue that is different from the one chosen by you. Critique their analysis of the court cases and their impact on nursing practice and vulnerable populations. Point out the strengths and limitations of their analysis and provide support for your positions. Response post is to be about 75 words and is not required to be APA referenced, but may be.