Academic Paper Writing Service
Our best writers will gladly help you with:
Trusted by thousands of studentsOrder Now
We are ready to assist you anytime.Talk to an expert
|Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Education
Saudi Electronic University
|المملكة العربية السعودية
ORDER NOW FOR CUSTOMIZED SOLUTION PAPERS
الجامعة السعودية الإلكترونية
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Low of Business (LOW 101)
|Course Name: Low of Business||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code: low 101||Student’s ID Number:|
|Semester: First||CRN: 15181|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/Out of 5||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
· The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
· Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
· Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
· Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
· Late submission will NOT be accepted.
· Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
· All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
· Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
1. For Week 2, you will analyze the cases in the Questions and Problems based on the group to which your instructor assigns you.
. Group 1: Chapter 2 (4, 5, and 7) in Dynamic Business Law
. Group 2: Chapter 2 (8-10) in Dynamic Business Law
· For each assigned case, analyze the issue based on the following criteria:
. Identify the parties involved in the case dispute (who is the plaintiff and who is the defendant).
. Identify the facts associated with the case and fact patterns.
. Develop the appropriate legal issue(s) in question (i.e., the specific legal issue between the two parties).Provide a judgment on who should win the case – be clear.
. Support your decision with an appropriate rule of law.
· Be prepared to defend your decision and to objectively evaluate the other points of view.
4. Jarold Daniel Friedman worked as a temporary computer contractor for a pharmaceutical ware- house. The warehouse offered him a permanent position, but the warehouse required that he get a mumps vaccine, grown in chicken embryos, as a condition of his permanent employment. Friedman, a vegan, believed that the vaccination would violate his religious beliefs and declined to be vaccinated. As a result, the warehouse withdrew its offer of employment. Friedman claimed that the warehouse discriminated against him on the basis of religion. Do you agree with Friedman? Do employers have a duty to respect the beliefs of their employees? If so, what happens when that duty conflicts with employers’ duty to provide a safe and healthy work environment? [Friedman v. Southern California Permanente Medical Group, 102 Cal. App. 4th 39 (2002).]
5. Jennifer Erickson sued her employer, Bartell Drug Company, contending that its decision not to cover prescription contraceptives under its employee pre- scription drug plan constituted sex discrimination. Bartell argued that its decision was not sex discrim- ination because contraceptives were preventive, were voluntary, and did not treat an illness. With whom do you agree? Why? What values did you use to reach your conclusion? [Erickson v. Bartell Drug Co., 141 F. Supp. 2d 1266 (2001).]
7. Ernest Price went to a doctor in 1997, seeking Oxycontin to treat pain related to sickle cell ane- mia. Between November 1999 and October 2000, Price sought Oxycontin prescriptions from at least ten different doctors at ten different clinics in two cities, filling the prescriptions at seven pharmacies in three cities. The doctors were notified of Price’s medication-seeking behavior, and the doctors dis- continued Price’s treatment. Price then filed suit, claiming his doctors, pharmacies, and the pharma- ceutical companies that manufactured Oxycontin had breached their duty by failing to adequately warn Price of the addictive nature of Oxycontin. think the court responded to Price’s How do you claims? Think about all the stakeholders involved in such a cas…
+1 (289) 803-6873
Writers24x7.com is powered by AwasamT
Get it solved from our top experts within 8 hrs!Ask Your Question Now!