|Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Education
Saudi Electronic University
|المملكة العربية السعودية
ORDER NOW FOR CUSTOMIZED SOLUTION PAPERS
الجامعة السعودية الإلكترونية
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
FIN401 (1st Term 2021-2022)
Deadline: 18/10/2021 @ 23:59
|Course Name: Banks Management||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code: FIN401||Student’s ID Number:|
|Semester: I||CRN: 12052|
|Academic Year: 1442/1443 H, 1st Term|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Instructor’s Name: Dr Firoz Alam|
|Students’ Grade: / 5||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
· This assignment is an individual assignment.
· The Assignment must be submitted only in WORD format via allocated folder.
· Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
· Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
· Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
· Late submission will NOT be accepted.
· Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
· All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Q1. Forever Savings Bank estimates that building a new branch office in the newly developed Washington township will yield an annual expected return of 12 percent with an estimated standard deviation of 10 percent. The bank’s marketing department estimates that cash flows from the proposed Washington branch will be mildly positively correlated (with a correlation coefficient of + 0.15) with the bank’s other sources of cash flow. The expected annual return from the bank’s existing facilities and other assets is 10 percent with a standard deviation of 5 percent. The branch will represent just 20 percent of Lifetime’s total assets. Will the proposed branch increase Forever’s overall rate of return? Its overall risk? [1.5 Marks]
Q2. The following statistics and estimates were compiled by Big Moon Bank regarding a proposed new branch office and the bank itself:
Branch office expected return = 15%
Standard deviation of branch return = 8%
Existing bank’s expected return = 10%
Standard deviation of existing bank’s return = 5%
Branch asset value as a percentage of total bank assets = 16%
Correlation of net cash flows for branch and bank as a whole = +0.48
What will happen to Big Moon’s total expected return and overall risk if the proposed new branch project is adopted? [1.5 Marks]
Q 3. What do you think the Financial-Services industry will look like 20 years from now? What are the implications of your projections for its management today? [2 Marks- 500 words minimum]