When you set up your first Windows 2016 server and configure it as a domain, there are a few things to consider. There are points where it is relatively easy at points, as you just answer a few questions like what language you use, your keyboard, etc. At other points, it becomes more involved.
- Based on your reading and labs that you may have started this week, what do you think would be a good name for your server(s) and why?
- What about server password security?
- What are some things to consider when setting that up?
- Do you think it is important to have different security levels on servers versus workstations and why?
- Will you use DHCP or hard-coded IPs for
Flesh out your thoughts and interact with your classmates. Post your initial response by Wednesday each week and then return on a couple of other days to see what’s going on with the discussions. The more you interact, the more you learn from your peers, and the more you share with them about what you know. You’ll also be showing your instructor what you’ve picked up.