Careers in Nursing
The nursing sector is growing continuously. Through the diploma of nursing, you can start your career for great success. Also, you can make an optimistic improvement to the lives of people you care about. The course also opens the paths for many valuable and impressive career choices in healthcare. Once you complete the course, you are eligible for applying as an enrolled nurse. You will have the knowledge and skills to work in several fields. You can join private nursing homes or public health care amenities.
Areas of work where you can give your services are:
- Mental health
- Maternity care,
- Operation Theatres
- General Practice
- Nursing home
- Surgical care
- Acute care
- Rehabilitation center
- Palliative care
- Community care
Once you start working, you will be an enrolled nurse. Nursing includes competencies and skills expected to provide care for communities. The course also allows you to learn the latest technologies and authorized to practice in a healthy environment. While practicing, you will get the experience to understand the true challenges of nursing in the industry. The diploma can bring employability skills and improve your learning program. After the course, the institutions also organize workshops, peer monitoring, and career guidance.
Entry prerequisites for admission:
The entry requirements for the diploma of nursing in Australia are:
- The candidate should be 18 years or above and should be an Australian citizen. He or she has a temporary or permanent visa for study purposes.
- One need to complete an online test for Language, Literacy, and Numeracy skills
- One should have a year 12 certificate or should have an Australian Qualifications Framework certificate. Or should have a minimum Exit Level 3 in Reading and Numeracy.
- He or she required at least 6 years of primary and secondary education in English. And, should belong to any recognized Universities of Canada, the Republic of Ireland, the UK, and the USA.
- He or she required at least 4 years of full-time education in English. You should be the part of recognized Universities with the combination of vocational, tertiary or secondary education.
- One Should have completed English proficiency tests. Should have achieved the minimum scores
- IELTS: One should achieve a score of 7.0 in a single attempt or a maximum of two attempts
- OET Test: He or she should achieve a B grade in a single attempt or a maximum of two attempts
- PTE Test: He or she should have achieved a score of 65 overall, in a single attempt or a maximum of two attempts
- TOEFL Test: One should have achieved a score of 94. 24 in reading and 24 in listening. 23 in speaking and 27 in writing in a single attempt or a maximum of two attempts
- He or she should able to provide documents for identity verification. The documents such as passport or birth certificate.
- Peers should submit an English language proficiency certificate.
- He or she should possess a clean criminal record
- The fee depends on full-fee paying institution or government-subsidized institution
- The full fee-paying institution includes students’ facilities and services fees and material fees.
- The government-subsidized institution requires fees to be paid for students’ facilities and services. The training is provided by Commonwealth Government funding.