Your written assignment for this module should be a 2-3 page paper (not including title page and reference page) that describes the following:
J.D. is a 70-year-old man with a history of prostate cancer, being treated with palliative hormones and radiation. His admitting diagnosis is adenocarcinoma of the prostate with widespread bone metastasis. J.D. is married and has one grown daughter, who often helps with his care. His chief concern is severe back pain for which the physician has ordered intrathecal morphine sulfate and aspirin 650 mg for pain relief. J.D.’s admitting CBC shows a WBC count of 500 and platelet count of 15,000.
For this case study:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- List the symptoms typically seen in patients with prostate cancer.
- Identify the risk factors for prostate cancer, including which population is most at risk.
- Identify the complications J.D. is at risk for and explain the pathophysiology causing those risks.
- List 3 nursing problems and your goals for J.D.
- List at least 3 nursing interventions for each problem.
You should include a minimum of 3 references. Include a title page, in-text citations, and a reference page in APA format.