Safety Stock and Reorder Point Consider the following data. Inventory Item Average Demand (Annual) Sigma (Std. Dev.) of Demand During Lead Time Item Unit Cost F-11001
Safety Stock and Reorder Point
Consider the following data.
Get Your Custom Job Done By a Professional Skilled Writer
Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesHire Writer Now
Based on the below data:
- Calculate the safety stock quantities and the inventory cost associated with safety stock (based on the item unit cost) for the inventory items at four different service levels (50%, 80%, 90%, and 95%). Business & Finance homework help.
- Develop a table to present the inventory quantities and the safety stock costs at each service level.
- Assuming that demand occurs at a steady pace every month (in other words, there is no seasonality or cyclical change in the level of demand), calculate the reorder point for each item assuming a lead time of two months and a service level of 90%.
- Develop a table to present the reorder points for all products under these conditions (two month lead time and service level of 90%).
Inventory Item Average Demand (Annual) Sigma (Std. Dev.) of Demand During Lead Time Item Unit Cost
F-11001 15,000 100 $250.00
K-12002 100,000 300 $2.00
L-13003 250,000 200 $0.20
N-14004 300,000 400 $1.00
P-21001 50,000 60 $125.00
S-22002 80,000 75 $30.00
Note: All items are independent demand items.
- Submit your report in a two- to three-page Word document, using APA style. Business & Finance homework help.