Academic Paper Writing Service
Our best writers will gladly help you with:
For full rubric – please see attached document LWSO201 Assignment.
Answer the following 2 questions in essay format. 1 essay per question (2 in total, 3 pages each). ONE ESSAY PER QUESTION!!
1) Using examples from the Second Treatise of Government, explain the key reasons why John Locke is one of the most influential political philosophers. Is this text still relevant today? Why or why not? Please use a Canadian example to justify your answer.
2) Use examples from the Reflections on the Revolution in France, explain the key themes explored by Edmund Burke. Is this text still relevant today? Why or why not? Please use a Canadian example to justify your answer.
You can find the readings online:
1. Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France, edited by J.G.A. Pocock (Indianapolis: Hackett Publishing, 1987) [originally published 1790]
Online Book: https://socialsciences.mcmaster.ca/econ/ugcm/3ll3/burke/revfrance.pdf
2. John Locke Second Treatise of Government, edited by C.B. Macpherson (Indianapolis: Hackett Publishing, 1980) [originally published 1690]
Online Book: https://english.hku.hk/staff/kjohnson/PDF/LockeJohnSECONDTREATISE1690.pdf
Important submission Instructions/Additional information:
1) Please respond to both questions in essay form. Because this is an essay, do not provide your opinion (no first person). Each question is weighted equally.
2) Format: Each response should be between 700-800 words.
3) Your response should be two unique essays, not a single essay encompassing both questions.
4) Please use Times New Roman font, standard margins, and double space your responses. Include a word count at the end of each response.
5) Please submit in PDF or word format only (do not use pages or a cloud-based document)
6) No formal references are required (no additional research is required). If you include references, please include a reference page at the end, and cite your in-text citations in APA format. Extensive quotes from the original texts are not encouraged, please try to paraphrase and summarize. Shorter quotes should refer to the page number and text.
7) Grading: Each response will be graded for its engagement with the original text, the clarity of your response, and analytical strength.