Reflect on the textbook reading – Chapter 3 (Farmer)
a. Describe a fact, perspective and/or reflection that ‘struck’ you from this reading.
b. Why did this (or these) facts, perspectives and/or reflections leave an impression on you?
2. Reflect on the journal and/or news articles (uploads & link)
a. Describe a fact, perspective and/or reflection that ‘struck’ you from one or more of these readings.
b. Why did these (or these) facts, perspectives and/or reflections leave an impression on you? A Reflection on the Textbook Reading – Chapter 3 (Farmer) Essay
3. In Reimagining Global Health the authors conclude Chapter 3: Colonial Medicine and Its Legacies with this statement: “History provides a vital, easily available, yet frequently overlooked method of critical social analysis, which can shed important light on the political, economic, cultural, intellectual, and material specificity of the global health problems we now face. Historical consciousness of the colonial roots of global health challenges us to question the knowledge frameworks that constitute the emerging field of global health today” (Greene et al (2013):71. Colonial Medicine and Its Legacies. In Farmer et al (Eds), Reimagining Global Health (pp. 33-73). University of California Press).
1. Using your own words, how would you summarize the main idea or ideas of this statement?
a. Discuss how the readings (Chapter 3 and the assigned articles) illustrate – or serve as examples of – the main ideas in this statement. How do you think an understanding and critical analysis of history – including the “colonial roots of global health” – can help us understand and address public and/or global health problems today?
b. Be sure to include at least two specific examples from the readings or your other work/studies in public or global health to support and illustrate your reflections.
Resources needed are in uploads
1. Farmer, Kleinman. Reimagining Global Health: An Introduction. 1st ed. Vol. 26. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2013. Web. -Chapter 3
3. Lancet: Syrian health crisis in Lebanon
4. The Legacy of Colonial Medicine in Central Africa*
5. The New York Times “Why Africa…). A Reflection on the Textbook Reading – Chapter 3 (Farmer) Essay
Get Help With Your Assignment.
We have worked on a similar assignment and our student scored better and met their deadline. All our tasks are done from scratch, well researched and 100% unique, so entrust us with your assignment and I guarantee you will like our services and even engage us for your future tasks. Click below button to submit your specifications and get order quote